Exquisitely renovated from top to bottom, 2818 WEBSTER STREET in Elmwood is truly a rare find. This fabulous home features a luxurious chef’s kitchen with integrated sub-zero fridge, wolf range, custom cabinetry and soap stone counters. Updates were completed with uncompromising quality and deference to the original details.
The main floor flows beautifully between the living room, dining room, and kitchen. From there it leads into the spacious family room which has 12-foot ceilings and sliding doors opening out to a private garden. Half way up the stairs you’ll find a bedroom overlooking the perfectly manicured backyard. Above that is the master suite with 10-foot tall ceilings, walk-in closet, bath with soaking tub and steam shower, as well as private deck. This ideal home includes an additional two bedrooms, updated bathroom, two laundry areas, plus a rumpus room with exterior access.
Understanding where a home is located is central in any purchase—and this home happens to be located in the heart of Elmwood. 2818 Webster Street is just a half block from College Avenue, which is home to several of the neighborhood’s most popular shops and restaurants. Additionally, it’s within walking distance to the famed Claremont Hotel and Star Grocery in Rockridge. Enjoy easy access to the freeways and BART.
- Marvin windows throughout
- Original wood windows in living/dining room
- Curve detailed molding
- Radiant height throughout
- Grohe fixtures in all bathrooms
- Hubbardton Forge lighting
- In ceiling wired speakers throughout
- New boiler and on demand water heater
- New plumbing and electrical
- New exterior/interior designer paint
- Gas and wood burning fireplace
- Original mahogany wood refinished
- Subzero refrigerator
- Wolf stove with BBQ
- Cold water filter
- African hardwood island
- Soap stone countertop
- Transom windows in media room
- Sliding door leading to backyard
- Custom blinds in media room
- Raised the ceiling height
- Walk-in closet + custom organizer
- High ceilings added in master bedroom
- Steam shower in master bath
- Extra storage behind knee walls in guest room
- Asko washer and dryer in hallway
- New washer and dryer in rumpus room downstairs
- Trees: persimmon, bamboo, lemon, Japanese maple
- 2 Bedrooms
- 4 Bedrooms
- Master Bedrm Suites - 2
- Laundry Facility
- Basement Finished
- Rec/Rumpus Room
- Stall Shower
- Tub with Jets
- Updated Baths
- Shower Over Tub
- Updated Baths
- Breakfast Bar
- Breakfast Nook
- Counter - Solid Surface
- Garbage Disposal
- Updated Kitchen
- In Laundry Room
- Gas Burning
- Living Room
Detached Garage, Off Street Parking
Sewer System - Public, Water - Public
- Back Yard
- Side Yard
- Sprinklers Automatic
Additional Property Details
Lot Square Footage:
More About Elmwood
Beating in the heart of Cal Berkeley’s South Campus region is the quaint neighborhood that locals call “The Elmwood.” The enclave’s history parallels that of many communities in the Bay Area that sprung up following the San Francisco earthquake of 1906, when rebuilding efforts gave life to the streetcar suburb as part of the 1900s housing boom.
Stretching along College and Ashby Avenues, you’ll find many Elmwood hotspots:
- Residents and visitors alike find it hard to resist the handmade ice cream, sorbets, candies, and cookies freshly served at Ici (a line can be seen forming out its doors even in the dead of winter).
- Whether you’re in the mood for an intimate dining atmosphere or just some outstanding Italian cuisine, Trattoria La Siciliana is the local go-to destination.
- Other food favorites include Espresso Roma Cafe, Nabolom Bakery, Beanery, and Dream Fluff Donuts.
- Nostalgic and trendy, the local boutique and gift shopping is always fun in Elmwood. Pop into Lululemon Athletica, Sweet Dreams Toy Store, or Mrs. Dalloways, for unique finds.
Rich with artistic inspiration, Elmwood is also the resident nesting spot of celebrated author, Michael Chabon and fellow writer wife, Ayelet Waldman. Chabon was awarded the Pulitzer Prize for Fiction in 2001 and frequently references Elmwood's beautiful characteristics in his work.
Architecturally interesting with its abundance of brown-shingled craftsman houses and tree-lined streets, Elmwood’s quaint, convenient, and family-friendly lifestyle make it an irresistible East Bay community.