Luxurious & fully loaded beachfront family compound in Seadrift
Situated on over half an acre of pristine oceanfront property, between the dramatic backdrop of Mt. Tamalpais and the stunning seascapes of Stinson beach, in the coveted community of Sea Drift, is the private luxurious family compound known as Coup De Coeur, named for the French expression: to fall in love instantly.
Built in 2000 this seamlessly constructed 3400 square foot property with 4 en suite bedrooms and 4 baths offers unparalleled natural beauty, and private coastal living along the most desirable beach on the west coast.
From the gated driveway where visitors are greeted by whimsical art, including metallic sculptured giraffes and gorillas, to an evocative exterior entrance way, where you’ll pass over split level Trex decking to enter the main building, Coup De Coeur provides a unique lifestyle experience, created by the high profile previous owner and brilliantly curated with fine art from exclusive galleries around the world for a turn-key seaside retreat package.
Step through the front door over white oak radiant heat flooring where you’re instantly met with magnificent beach light, casting down from a ridge topped skylight overhead. Pass through a breezy hall to enter the breathtaking great room, where arched open beam ceilings and a wall of glass windows and doors afford sweeping vistas of the ocean and private beachfront sprinkled with modern sculptures awaits you below.
Festive congregation and warm inclusion are emphasized by the breezy floor plan of the great room featuring floor-to-ceiling open shelving housing a world class colored glass and shell collection, with multiple casual seating areas, each bathed in the light and hues of the beach.
Here two custom sliding glass doors, provide seamless access to a large beachfront deck and outdoor covered dining solarium, where three sides of glass walls allow occupants to enjoy year round outdoor beachfront dining and retreat living.
The ocean view is your constant companion while cooking in a state-of-the-art kitchen, complete with butcher block center island featuring Great Point round hammered metallic Bar sink, custom cabinetry and oversized Sub Zero refrigerator, 6 burner Thermador grill, built-in cabinet plate warmer, and dual double-drawer dishwashers behind custom cabinetry flank either side of the sink.
The home includes 4 cozy and private en suite retreats, each with their own stylish theme, including the master bedroom off the entrance hallway, where a large set of sliding glass doors allow easy access to the Trex deck facing Mt. Tamalpais, for private lounging, sheltered from the beach.
A second and third en suite bedroom grace the main house and each features gorgeous mountain views, whimsical décor, and come complete with adjacent bathrooms and either skylights or sliding doors out to enclosed decking.
From the upper front deck, an adjacent lower deck acts as an interior courtyard between the main house and sumptuous guest cottage, where inhabitants will enjoy stunning views, a gas burning fireplace, custom built ins, and elegant stone tiled bathroom.
A two car garage already loaded with new bicycles allows you instant access to voyage out along the entire spit of Seadrift, but you may never want to go farther than the Adirondack chairs on your private sand dune, where gazing out upon spectacular sea and sky, you’ll already have everything you could possibly desire.
- Oceanfront property in gated community w/ access to 3 miles of white sandy beach
- Custom Built in 2000 with raised decking to FEMA safety and flood standards
- .66 acre lot, one of the largest beach fronts in Seadrift
- Three separate decks with over 1,000 square feet of Trex decking and hot tub
- Enclosed oceanfront atrium dining room for year round beach living
- Private beach head w/ rustic and whimsical sculptures horses leading to beach.
- Located on private portion of Stinson Beach, patrolled by Seadrift security, ensuring that no one else can occupy the beach in front of the property.
- Two car garage with ample storage, pre-stocked with 8 new bicycles
- Five car driveway and additional parking
- Fully stocked with over $2 million of original artwork and custom furniture, curated by high profile previous owner, who used home to house private collection before moving to Europe
- Custom cabinetry and built-ins w/ custom metal pulls in every room
- 2 gas burning fireplaces with custom stone surround and mantel
- White oak floors throughout
- Open white wood beam painted ceilings
- Custom stone tiling in all bathrooms and kitchen
- 4 en suite bedrooms; 3 with direct access to outdoors
- Powder room w/ separate toilet room and access to 2nd en suite bedroom.
- 180-degree ocean views
- Indoor/outdoor living through 2 sets sliding doors to deck and dining atrium
- Gas burning stone surround fireplace
- Floor to ceiling open shelving with world-class glass collection
- 4 Clerestory windows facing mountains
- Family room adjoining great room, w/ wall of built-ins housing entertainment system.
Open Chef’s Kitchen:
- Butcher block center island w/bar stools
- Great Point Round Hammered Metal Bar sink
- Custom stone tile with decorative trimming inset
- 6-burner Thermador range
- Dual double door dishwashers
- Oversized Sub Zero refrigerator w/ custom cabinetry
- In-counter Thermador plate warmer
- Convenient Pot filler
- Adjacent large separate pantry and laundry room w/ sink and built-ins
- Luxury Maytag washer and dryer
High Tech Features:
- Gated property with security system
- Radiant heat flooring throughout property
- 5 Skylights, with remote opening and closing feature
- Wired in-wall speakers & stereo system throughout great room
- 5 Flat screen TV’s
- Gorgeous Mt. Tam views
- Seamless access to outdoor deck for sheltered lounging
- Custom Stone tiling
- Separate oversized shower and bath
- Separate cottage w/ wall of windows facing Mt. Tam
- Full bath with custom tiling
- Gas burning fireplace w/ seating area
- Full wall of built ins w/ custom cabinetry with metal pulls
Art and Furniture Highlights:
- Over 150 fine art statues and paintings throughout property
- French antique chairs
- Pink designer cowhide throw rug
- Mid-century modern pieces
- Bamboo furniture and mirror in Asian-themed bedroom
- Antique child size furniture
- Contemporary red throw rug
- Complete sets of China, crystal, silverware and linens
- Teak outdoor deck furniture and lounge chairs
- Indoor and outdoor contemporary dining sets
- Outdoor BBQ (not built-in)
- Beach towels & toys
- Engraved Coup de Coeur stationary
- Brown Jordan deck furniture w/ cushions on back, front and lower decks
Calle Del Arroyo
- Breakfast Room
- Cooktop Stove
- Dishwasher Incl.
- Disposal Incl
- Gas Range Incl.
- Hood Over Range
- Dining Area
- FamRm Combo
- LR/DR Combo
- Deck Attached
- Great Room
2 Car, Garage, Attached, Auto Door, Interior Access, 5 or More Spaces, Covered, Guest Accommodations
- Enclosed Patio(s)
- Landscaped- Front
- Landscaped- Misc.
- Landscaped- Rear
Additional Property Details
Cape Cod, Contemporary, Custom, Modern/Hi-Tech
Lot Square Footage:
- Cable TV Available
Homeowners Association (HOA)